Alice: Madness Returns [Online Game Code]
From the Manufacturer
Alice: Madness Returns is an Action-Adventure game that delves deep into the dark and violent side of the imagination, creating a nightmarish Wonderland where Alice must face the demons that haunt her visions. Visit the grim reality of Victorian London and then travel to the beautiful yet ghastly Wonderland to uncover the root of Alice’s madness and discover the truth behind a deadly secret, kept hidden for years. Features include: upgradable melee weapons and magic abilities, a shattered gameword filled with altered versions of Lewis Carroll’s famous characters and intuitive and rewarding puzzle play.
Return to a Very Different Wonderland
Eleven years ago a horrific fire took Alice’s family from her and left her mind horrifically scarred. Afterwards she was confined to Rutledge Asylum where she struggled to confront her demons by slipping slipping further into her fantasy world of Wonderland. Now, after ten years, she has finally secured her release – yet she still bears the heavy psychological burden of that tragic event.
With her mind in tatters, she is unable to resolve the fear prompted by her strange memories, dreams, and visions. Perhaps she’ll do better in Wonderland. She always has. She travels there, seeking what the “real” world can’t provide: security, knowledge, and the truth about the past. But in her absence, Wonderland too has suffered. Something has gone horribly wrong, and now a great evil is descending upon what once was her beautiful refuge. Can Alice save Wonderland — and herself — from the madness that consumes them both?
Alice: Madness Returns like the original 2000 game release for PC that it is a sequel to, is a third-person, single player, action game that incorporates platforming and combat gameplay. Playing as Alice players retreat into Wonderland for comfort from the real world, only to find it in even more shambles than before. Yet this world that exists in Alice’s head holds the secrets to her repressed memories and the truth behind the murder of her family. Players must fight their way across this world using a mixture of melee weapons, magic and puzzle-solving and platforming skills to defeat a variety of enemy types, each with particular strengths and weakness. By besting each, players collect in-game currency that can be used to upgrade weapons and skills. In addition to combat players also must explore every corner of this strange world to find clues, messages and potions that help to literally unlock memories that will finally expose the truth behind the madness.
Key Game Features
- Intense 3rd-person Action – Use multiple upgradeable melee weapons, including the explosive Teapot Cannon, the punishing Hobby Horse, and the classic Vorpal Blade.
- Explore a Dark and Shattered Wonderland – Encounter familiar, but now strange characters including the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter, the Caterpillar and the Red Queen.
- Magical Abilities – Obtain peculiar abilities in Wonderland such as floating with Alice’s dress, shrinking and growing to towering sizes in order to crush enemies.
- Interactive Puzzles – Intuitive and rewarding puzzles such as transforming obstacles, musical memories chess and picture blocks.
- A Visually unique Gameworld – Delight in the whims of the ever-changing visual aspects of the gameworld which visually affect everything in the game, including Alice and her attire.
Minimum PC System Requirements
|OS:||Windows XP (SP3) / Vista (SP2) / Windows 7|
|Processor:||Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.6 GHZ or greater / AMD Athalon X2 running at 1.60 GHz or greater|
|RAM:||2048 MB or greater|
|Hard Drive:||8.8 GB|
|Video Card:||NVIDIA GeForce 7600 256 MB PCIe or ATI Radeon X1650 256 MB PCIeor greater*|
|Additional Info:||DirectX 9.0c compatible (XP or Windows 7 required for DirectX 10/11), Keyboard and mouse or dual analog controller|
Requires EA account for activation.
A very different Wonderland.
Wield upgradable weapons.
Platforming and puzzle play.
* Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 8400, 9400, 210; ATI Radeon HD 2400, HD 3200, HD 4300 as well as integrated versions of supported chipsets are below minimum system requirements) For best results, make sure the latest drivers for both video and audio cards are installed. Laptop or mobile versions of the above supported video cards have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues. As such, they are not officially supported in Alice: Madness Returns.
Specification: Alice: Madness Returns [Online Game Code]