I’ve been seeing a lot about trends lately and it got me wondering what the top trends were in the bath and body world this year. I did a little research and came up with the top 10 trends that I kept seeing over and over again. I hope you enjoy them!
1. At-home masks – At-home masks are all the rage this year as more people are staying home than going out to spas, etc. People are looking for new things to do and try, and with there being a huge emphasis on skincare this year, it’s no surprise using masks made out top 10 list. Plus, not only do you get glowing skin from doing at-home masks, but you also get the relaxation benefits, especially if you set yourself up with a mini-spa experience right in your own home!
2. Scalp care – some experts are calling scalp care the new skincare as a focus on scalp care has been growing this year. There are shampoos and leave-in products specifically formulated for the scalp, and there are also scalp scrubbers that you can buy to help exfoliate your scalp. I’ve been using a scalp scrubber for a few weeks now and have to say I’m really liking it!
3. Eyes – Wearing a mask all day means that your eyes are just about the only part of your face people can see when you’re out and about. This has made people really amp up their eye care and eye makeup games. Whether it’s a serum to help with undereye darkness, or mascara to give you dramatic lashes, the eyes definitely have the focus this year in the beauty world.
4. Blue Light Protection – Blue lights are everywhere – especially in our computers, tablets, and cell phones. It’s long been known that blue light could make it difficult to sleep well and could cause headaches, but now scientists are finding that it affects our skin and eyesight too. There are so many products for blue light protection on the market today that there’s really no excuse for not keeping yourself protected.
5. Liquid Lipstick – Liquid lipstick is known for its staying power, making it a great option in this time of wearing masks. People are wanting makeup that doesn’t rub off inside their masks, and liquid lipstick is one of those products. Available from tons of brands and in tons of shades, there’s sure to be a perfect shade for all of the lipstick fans out there.
6. More skincare, less makeup – Termed”Skinamilism”, owing to the fact that we’re wearing masks most of the time these days, people are shying away from complicated makeup routines and instead focusing more of their efforts on taking good care of their skin. It’s important to at least use a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer to take good care of your skin, but you can also amp up your skincare routine with the plethora of skin serums on the market.
7. Embracing Natural Hair – Curly girls, it’s your time to shine! Gone are the days of everyone walking around with straight, sleek hair, and here is the time to embrace your natural tresses. I love this trend because it’s a great time to stop fighting your hair and give it the chance to do what it wants to do. Using a few styling products to enhance curl and reduce frizziness is way easier than breaking out all of your hot styling tools and spending a huge chunk of time drying and straightening. Rock those curls, girls!
8. Maskne products – Another trend based on us wearing masks to protect ourselves from COVID. While masks are definitely important, they aren’t without their own issues, one of which being maskne (acne caused by wearing a mask). That being said, it’s no wonder acne-fighting products are a go-to these days.
9. Healthy Hair – Haircare is definitely in this year. People are looking for products to help make their hair healthier and are shying away from harsh styling products and tools. One of the best things you can do to keep your hair healthy? Skip the shampoos with harsh sulfates in them!
10. Destressing Products – Political unrest in parts of the world. A worldwide pandemic. Why in the world would anyone be stressed right now, right? Just kidding! Stress is rampant these days with everything going on, which makes it no wonder that people are looking for products to help them destress. Some skin and hair products have natural destressing scents in them (generally calming essential oils, such as lavender).
I’ve been loving the focus on skincare and healthy hair these days! Have you been enjoying any of these trends? If so, I’d love to hear about them in the comments!