Bite Beauty Hibiscus Slush Daycation Whipped BlushBite Beauty Hibiscus Slush Daycation Whipped Blush ($32.00 for 0.33 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with subtle, cool undertones and cooler flecks of lavender shimmer. It seemed to have more medium, buildable coverage when initially squeezed out of the tube, but in practice, it was sheer and difficult to build up due to how quickly it sheered out and how much it dried down.
The product lacked the ease of blendability that I’d expect from a cream blush, and I found it looked patchy, clung to dry patches, and was unflattering as the shimmer very much sat on the surface of the skin. It lifted up foundation very readily, but it didn’t even work well on bare skin. It stayed on well for six hours before fading noticeably.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Sexual Content (Right) (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Heather Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Beam (P, $25.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Black Opal Nectar (P, $8.95) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Ciate In Too Deep (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Hourglass Vivid Flush (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC At Dusk (LE, $31.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Clinique Blush Pop (LE, $21.00) is lighter (80% similar).
- Sydney Grace Stiletto (LE, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter (80% similar).
- ColourPop Parallel (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$32.00/0.33 oz. – $96.97 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “natural-looking finish” with a whipped feel that is “non-cakey” and “lasts all day.” The pigmentation was described as a “buildable flush,” though it was more semi-sheer and hard to build up as the formula very quick-drying and harder to blend out/layer up without creating patchiness or lifting up the initial layer (or worse, one’s foundation).
The pearl in each shade seemed too large, so they contributed to patchiness and the product moving around without adhering evenly. It was one of the harder cream blushes to use in more recent memory. They showed signs of fading after six hours on my cheeks.
I found the wide and squat squeeze tube to be harder to dispense product, often getting a lot of air and having to really squeeze to get product out… and other times, a barely-there squeeze dispensed more product than needed!
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Blush swatches.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Tin Oxide, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Oleate, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.